DENVER MARCH POWWOW
RULES FOR SINGERS
$100 Cash Registration Fee
Lead Singer will
be asked for I.D.
(Drivers License, Tribal ID, etc.)
All Drums Welcome
No Limit on Drums
Address System will be Provided
Upon arrival Friday or Saturday, only Lead
Singer should enter to register
and pick up Drum Packet.
- All lead singers must register ($100 cash registration
fee) their drum group to be eligible for drum monies.
Drum Registration will close at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, March
- Drum groups must set up at the location assigned to them
by the Drum Coordinator and set up in the same location
- To answer drum roll call and qualify for payment, at
least 2 singers and the drum must be present. All registered drums are eligible for day money. Drum
registration will close 30 minutes before each grand
entry and open when grand entry is over.
- Song lengths will be limited as follows: Intertribals - 6
pushups: Contests - 4 pushups: and Grand Entry - 4
- Drum rotation will be clockwise for intertribals and
counter-clockwise for contest songs. EXCEPTION: Northern
drums for northern contest categories and Southern drums
for southern contest categories.
- Drum groups may sell their CDs and Cassette tapes.
However, they must purchase a City and County of Denver
3-Day Seller's Permit for $5.00 and are responsible for
payment of taxes. Permits will be available at Drum
- Any singers suspected of alcohol/drug use, exhibiting
inappropriate behavior, or not complying with the above
by the Arena Director or Committee will cause the drum
group to be disqualified for that session and will not
- By registering, you are giving the Denver March Powwow,
Inc., permission to use your photo/image/songs as part of
their public relations material.
YOUR COOPERATION IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!